A utility for playing the music and sound files from Vanguard: Saga of Heroes.
- VC2013 redistributable: x86
- Windows (only tested on 7, but any modern version should work)
- Working sound card.
- Graphics card that supports OpenGL
VGMusic.0.6a.zip (source) - Last Updated 2014 July 14
Extract it in Vanguard's Music or Sound directory then run VGMusic.exe. Alternatively you can run it from anywhere then navigate using the kind-of-ghetto file browser to Vanguard's Music or Sound directory. Typically that directory is something like: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vanguard\Assets\Music\
Parsing the raw samples and the sample combinations is pretty solid. The combination sequencing seems to be right, though there is a block of data I haven't been able to decipher that may contain loop information or other data.
0.6a - 2014 July 14
0.5a - 2014 May 21
- Added a progress screen when exporting files.
- Added the ability to export all items in the current file at once.
- Update to a newer base framework which contains lots of minor fixes.
- Increased font size for better visibility and easier clicking.
- Added an icon!
- Update data type descriptions for clarity.
0.4a - 2011 November 23
- Added titles to the different menus.
- Added scrolling for menus with too much text for one screen.
- Added the ability to save samples/combinations/themes to Ogg Vorbis or Wave files.
- Turned off dumping the file debug data since it's useless to normal users. Contact me if you want a version with it turned on.
0.3a - 2011 July 18
For questions or comments email: firstname.lastname@example.org